Friday, June 27, 2008

well.. somtimes its hard not to believe things.. I remember Kangaroo from Horton saying "If you can't see it, you can't hear it, it doesn't exist".. well.. this phrase doesn't apply to me.. Went to supper with my managers Mervix and Serene.. ate and watched some retro old channel 8 (where those male actors still has those center partings and curry pok) show, we decided to head home at 3+ am.. after accompanying my managers for their cab, I started the journey home on m bicycle.. have no rear lights, i decided to move up on the pavement when i hear a car (should be Zng before de, the sound of the car sounds like Takumi's AE86) approaching from the back.. Spotting a pedestrain crossing, i decided to move up.. leaning into the corner, just as I thought I made the turn, my rear wheel shifted violently and i crashed head on onto the pavement.. The CONCRETE ROUGH SUPER JAGGED PAVEMENT!!!

Outcome (Bicycle): Left gear broke (shattered seems to be more accurate), front wheel bent, left pedal dropped..

Outcome (Cyclist): 1cm length cut on left knee, bloody right toe due to torn nail, and thats it..

Analysis of crash: left pedal struck pavement creating drag, center of gravity of back wheel changed to right due to drag on left, front wheel shifted to left due to left shifting backwheel, off balanced, crashed.. left pedal received most of impact-drop off as a result, jagged pavement shattered left gear, weight of down falling cyclist pressed on bicycle and dented front wheel..

Cause: Unknown

Justification: I am so positively sure that i cleared the pavement.. My rear wheel shifted suddenly when i entered the corner and its impossible.. worse: the car passed the possible spot of me if i hadn't decided to change to the pavement.. 50 kg on a jagged pavement and all i received were a cut, a "hangnail ", and a shakened body... sounds supernatural? Yeah.. I'm lucky.


Quote of the Day: If you can't see it, can't hear it, it doesn't mean it doen't exist -Kenny

No comments: